REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CITY OF ZURICH
IT- & Organizational Analysis
KEY DATA REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CITY OF ZURICH
Industry: Real estate management, public administration, national
Employees: around 250
Branch offices: 1
Head office: Zurich, Switzerland
SPONSOR AND CONTEXT
Sponsor: Cornelia Mächler, Director
Context: Multi-project management of multi-year, complex IT and reorganization projects.
The real estate managerial division of the City of Zurich (IMMO Stadt Zurich) had to face a complex project landscape, numerous dependencies, and challenging interfaces. In response, it turned to Z-PUNKT CONSULTING to clarify the bigger picture of the project web and initiate measures that would ultimately bring the various IT and reorganization projects successfully to fruition.
EXPERTISE, SERVICES AND METHODS.
- The first agenda item was identifying the project risks and potential stumbling blocks by analyzing the various projects in detail and proposing viable countermeasures.
- The scope also included analyzing the general organizational nature of the IMMO City of Zurich. Next, analyzing changeability highlighted which organizational measures could help the project advance, with timing and budget in mind.
- When IMMO Stadt Zurich relaunched a large IT project, Z-PUNKT CONSULTING helped recruit project managers and set the stage for the relaunch.
- The first step involved reviewing and evaluating the vision, scoping, structure, staffing, planning and budget, and methodology of a range of large-scale ongoing projects. This helped refocus attention on key interfaces, possible synergies and weak points.
- Conducting a range of analyses and surveys in areas of organization and change, including 40 or so internal stakeholders across all hierarchical levels. These results showed the extent to which projects and the organization were aligned and where action to support the projects was needed.
- They were then leveraged to compile detailed recommendations for action. One project was reorganized and restarted with the support of Z-PUNKT CONSULTING.
- Ultimately, all the relevant IMMO Stadt Zurich projects were successfully completed.