Ole von Beust
Director Ole von Beust Consulting GmbH & Co. KG
Ole von Beust has over 20 years of political experience through his activities in the Hamburg City Assembly and as the first mayor of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg. His hometown, Hamburg, is the second largest city in Germany and is home to the second largest seaport – after Rotterdam – of the EU. Ole von Beust has excellent knowledge of the maritime economy, logistics and the aviation industry. Airbus has a production location in Hamburg. During his term as first mayor, the relationships between Hamburg and its partner-city Shanghai – as well as China more generally – have successfully intensified. As a result, the port of Hamburg has become the biggest import and export hub for China.
- Member of the Advisory Board Far East HUB
- Director Ole von Beust Consulting
- First mayor of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, 2001-2010
- President of the German Federal Council 2008 (Deputy of the Federal President)
- Chairman of the CDU for the Hamburg City Assembly, 1993-2001